Read Philippians Chapter 1.
- What 3 specific reasons does Paul give for his thankfulness concerning the believers at Philippi? [vss. 5-7]
- What is Paul’s prayer for the Philippians? [vss. 9-11]
- What is the “fruit of righteousness” Paul mentions in verse 11 and what are some specific ways we can see the fruit manifested in the Philippian church? [see also James 3:17-18]
- Why was Paul thankful for his imprisonment. [vss. 12-14]
- What was going on that could easily have discouraged Paul? [vss. 15-16]
- How were Paul’s adversities beneficial to the ministry? [v. 17]
- Even Paul’s adversaries were an encouragement to him. What reason does Paul give for this? [v. 18]
Finding your joy.
- Paul writes “He who began a good work in you is faithful to complete it. What specific area(s) have you experienced Christ working in you?
- Are you willing to ask God to reveal any “hidden areas” in which you need to grow? Record them here.
- Think about a brother or sister in Christ who could use encouragement. Will you commit to be an encourager?
Write the name of the person.
Write down some ways you can let them know how much you appreciate them.