Sandra Bivens Smith Is A Sinner!
– You are a sinner too. I know at this point you are asking yourself “how dare she say that, she doesn’t even know me”. I didn’t say it, God said it.
I looked it up, the Greek word for “all” is pas, it means all. So, while we don’t want to admit it, there it is in black and white. Sandra is a sinner, _____________________ (your name) is a sinner – even the Apostle Paul was a sinner. As a matter of fact, he referred to himself as the chief of sinners.
Scripture tells us that the ungodly will not inherit the kingdom of God (See 1Corinthians 6:9; Ephesians 5:5; Revelation 21:27; Hebrews 3:11).
So, we have a dilemma. If sinners will not be able to enter heaven, and we are all sinners what hope do we have?
The Holy Scriptures tell us.
- For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
- Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:11)
- For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared. He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (Titus 3:3-7)
Points to Ponder
- Romans 3 gives us four essential truths concerning righteousness
- That there are none who are righteous
- That there are none who understand
- There are none who seek after God
- There are none who do good
Why are these truths essential to our exercising discernment?
Something to Think About
Just like the adulterous woman in John’s account, we have ALL sinned, we are ALL guilty. But, jut as He did for the woman, if we have put our faith in Christ, He has interceded on our behalf and we are not condemned!
©2012 Sandra Bivens Smith