Crucify, Live, Walk
Over the past few days we have looked at the works of the flesh. We have learned that the works of the flesh bring death and that the Spirit brings life. So now the question becomes, how do we get from flesh to Spirit? The answer is likely not what you will want to hear, it may even shock you. The process begins with death.
Points to Ponder
- I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (Galatians 2:20)
- Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live (John 11:25)
- Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him. (Romans 6:8)
- For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. (Romans 8:5)
- But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16)
Something to Think About
Aren’t you glad God made a way for us to cross from death to life? Because of what Jesus has done, we have the promise of a new life, the hope of a victorious life on earth and the certainty of eternity with Him. Give Him praise!
© 2012 Sandra Bivens Smith