You Are What You Eat
In the 1920’s English nutritionist Victor Lindlahr said “Ninety percent of the diseases known to man are caused by cheap foodstuffs”. Just as what we put into our bodies determines our physical health, what we feed our minds determines our spiritual health.
Points to Ponder
- We all have weaknesses
- We are to deal gently and patiently with our weaker sisters who have been deceived
- If we want to grow spiritually we must examine ourselves:
- Am I content with only the fundamentals of the gospel?
- Am I dull of hearing?
- Am I living on milk or solid food?
- Solid food (God’s Word) is required for discerning good and evil
Something to Think About
Paul wrote “When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things” (1 Corinthians 13:11). If we want to grow into mature, discerning Christians we have to put away our childish ways. We can’t eat candy for breakfast and expect to be healthy. We can’t just take the easy way, we must replace our childish notions with the truths – often hard truths – of God’s Word.
©2022 Sandra Bivens Smith